Our ClinicsSt. Vital Location
Owner, D’Arcy Bain Physiotherapy
D’Arcy spent his first 7 years as a therapist at the St. Boniface Hospital. He then became one of the founding members of the Pan Am Sports Medicine Clinic for 2 ½ years. He then opened D’Arcy Bain Physiotherapy and has been working in the clinics for the last 25 years.
D’Arcy has had a special interest in sports medicine and has been selected as a therapist to work at the Summer Olympics many times (1976, 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992). He also worked at the Summer World Student Games in 1987 and the 1999 Pan Am Games. In addition D’Arcy was the head therapist for the National Racquette Ball Team for 12 years. D’Arcy has also taken a keen interest in local events and has worked at numerous sporting events in Winnipeg and Manitoba.
Commitment to the profession has been important to D’Arcy and he has been involved in the following:
- Teaching at the University of Manitoba School of Medical Rehabilitation in athletic injuries and private practice issues.
- Member of the Board for the College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba.
- Chairman of the Orthopedic Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Newsletter editor of the Sports Physiotherapy Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Board member of the Health Care Advisory Board of St. James Assiniboine.
- 1971 Graduated with a Diploma of Physiotherapy from the University of Manitoba.
- 1975 Graduated with a Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy from the University of Manitoba
Post-Graduate Work and Courses in:
- Manual Therapy
- Sports Physiotherapy
Carrie Cole – Physiotherapist
- Graduated from the University of Manitoba with a Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation (Physiotherapy) in 2005. Previous studies completed in Business and Administration.
- Certification in Acupuncture
- Manual therapy courses with the Orthopaedic division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Advanced Exercise and Lifestyle Management training
- Strength and conditioning, bodybuilding and functional training seminars
- Various courses in orthopeadic and sports injuries
- CPA student representative
- PhysioFit Run
Carrie spends much of her free time in the fitness arena studying and applying her skills and knowledge. She also enjoys being outdoors, spending time with friends and traveling.
Derek Friesen – Physiotherapist
Graduated in 2013 from the University of Manitoba with a Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation, Physical Therapy.
Additional Physiotherapy Courses:
- APTEI: Advanced Persistent Pain Certification – 2019
- Advanced Orthopaedic Manual Physiotherapy Levels 1 and 2
- Acupuncture certification – 2014
- The Robin McKenzie institute of Canada: Part A – 2013
- Other workshops/seminars on running, strength and conditioning and exercise prescription
Areas of Interest:
- Derek enjoys treating a variety of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions, from sports and workplace injuries to motor vehicle accidents and everyday aches and pains. He has recently taken a special interest in the management of chronic pain. He has a passion for health and wellness which is evident in his holistic approach to treatment.
- Outside of work, Derek enjoys spending time outdoors, staying active by playing soccer, golf and keeping up with his two young kids. On a weekend or day off you can often find him tackling a variety of home renovation projects.
Jackie Marchylo – Physiotherapist
Graduated from the University of Manitoba Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation, Physical Therapy in 2009
Worked in private practice for 10 years
- Certified in Acupuncture through the Acupuncture Foundation of Canada in 2011
- Advanced Orthopedic Manual and Manipulative Therapy Level 1 and 2 completed
- Pre/post natal fitness specialist through Fit 4 Two in 2018
- Various other courses including Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA), manual therapy, taping, exercise prescription
Areas of Interest
I enjoy treating a wide variety of musculoskeletal pain and injuries. I particularly enjoy working with post operative rehabilitation and have a keen interest working with pre/post natal women
I keep busy with my family and 2 young boys. When I have spare time I enjoy working out, spending time outdoors, playing slowpitch, golfing and curling
Peter Sidhu – Physiotherapist
- University of British Columbia – Bachelor of Science 2008
- University of Manitoba – Master of Physical Therapy 2014
- Level 2 Upper and Lower – Orthopedic Manual Therapy
- Level 3 Upper – Orthopedic Manual Therapy
- Various weekend courses on shoulder, thoracic spine, lumbar spine, neurodevelopment and taping
Areas of Interest:
- Musculo-skeletal injuries, chronic pain, post-operative rehabilitation, motor vehicle accidents, sports injuries, sports performance, workplace injuries
- Specific interest in Cervicogenic headaches, body mechanics, patient education
- Injury prevention and body hardening
Hobbies and Interests:
When not pursuing further physiotherapy education, Peter enjoys being with friend and family, staying active outdoors, camping, golfing and all sorts of sports.
Sarah Tessier – Massage Therapist
Sarah graduated from Wellington College in June 2011 and has been practicing for over 8 years. She is currently a part time instructor at Wellington College of Remedial Massage Therapies.
- CPR level C with AED and Emergency First Aid (2019)
- Biotech Laser (2018)
- PHIA (2017)
- Mental Health First Aid (2014)
- ASIST (2014)
- Foundation to disability support (2012)
Areas of Interest:
Sarah has a passion in working with musculoskeletal injuries, pre and post surgery, stress relief as well as pain management.
Outside of work Sarah has a passion for having an active lifestyle, volunteering, traveling to new countries as well as spending time with family and friends. Sarah’s professional goals in 2019 are to continue building her practice as well as furthering her education in treatment for pain management and musculoskeletal injuries.