Our ClinicsSt. Vital Location
Carrie Cole, B.M.R. (PT)
Carrie spends much of her free time in the fitness arena studying and applying her skills and knowledge. She also enjoys being outdoors, spending time with friends and traveling.
- Graduated from the University of Manitoba with a Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation (Physiotherapy) in 2005. Previous studies completed in Business and Administration.
- Certification in Acupuncture
- Manual therapy courses with the Orthopaedic division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Advanced Exercise and Lifestyle Management training
- Strength and conditioning, bodybuilding and functional training seminars
- Various courses in orthopeadic and sports injuries
Derek Friesen, B.M.R. (PT)
Derek enjoys treating a variety of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions, from sports and workplace injuries to motor vehicle accidents and everyday aches and pains. He has recently taken a special interest in the management of chronic pain. He was lead to the physiotherapy profession because of his passion for health and wellness which is evident in his holistic approach to treatment. Outside of work, Derek enjoys spending time outdoors, staying active by playing soccer, golf and keeping up with his two young kids. On a weekend or day off you can often find him tackling a variety of home renovation projects.
- Graduated in 2013 from the University of Manitoba with a Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation, Physical Therapy.
- APTEI: Advanced Persistent Pain Certification (2019)
- Advanced Orthopaedic Manual Physiotherapy Levels 1 and 2
- Acupuncture Certification (2014)
- The Robin McKenzie Institute of Canada: Part A (2013)
- Other workshops/seminars on running, strength and conditioning and exercise prescription
Jackie Marchylo, B.M.R. (PT)
Jackie loves being a physio and values human interaction and working with many different people on a daily basis. She finds it very rewarding to help others regain or improve their function and achieve their goals. Jackie enjoys treating a wide variety of musculoskeletal pain and injuries. She particularly enjoys working with post-operative rehabilitation patients and has a keen interest with pre/post-natal women. In her spare time, Jackie keeps busy with her family and two young boys. She enjoys living an active lifestyle and spends much of her time working out, being outdoors, biking, walking, golfing and camping.
- Graduated in 2009 from the University of Manitoba with a Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation, Physical Therapy. Worked in private practice for 12 years.
- Certified in Acupuncture through the Acupuncture Foundation of Canada in 2011
- Advanced Orthopedic Manual and Manipulative Therapy Level 1 and 2 completed
- Various other courses including Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA), manual therapy, taping, and orthotic prescription
Sarah Tessier, R.M.T.
Outside of work Sarah has a passion for having an active lifestyle, volunteering, traveling to new countries as well as spending time with family and friends. Sarah’s professional goals in 2019 are to continue building her practice as well as furthering her education in treatment for pain management and musculoskeletal injuries.
- Graduated from Wellington College of Remedial Massage Therapies in June 2011 and has been practicing for over 8 years. Currently a part time instructor at Wellington College of Remedial Massage Therapies.
- CPR level C with AED and Emergency First Aid (2019)
- Biotech Laser (2018)
- PHIA (2017)
- Mental Health First Aid (2014)
- ASIST (2014)
- Foundation to Disability Support (2012)