Our ClinicsSt. Vital Location
Owner, D’Arcy Bain Physiotherapy
D’Arcy spent his first 7 years as a therapist at the St. Boniface Hospital. He then became one of the founding members of the Pan Am Sports Medicine Clinic for 2 ½ years. He then opened D’Arcy Bain Physiotherapy and has been working in the clinics for the last 25 years.
D’Arcy has had a special interest in sports medicine and has been selected as a therapist to work at the Summer Olympics many times (1976, 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992). He also worked at the Summer World Student Games in 1987 and the 1999 Pan Am Games. In addition D’Arcy was the head therapist for the National Racquette Ball Team for 12 years. D’Arcy has also taken a keen interest in local events and has worked at numerous sporting events in Winnipeg and Manitoba.
Commitment to the profession has been important to D’Arcy and he has been involved in the following:
- Teaching at the University of Manitoba School of Medical Rehabilitation in athletic injuries and private practice issues.
- Member of the Board for the College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba.
- Chairman of the Orthopedic Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Newsletter editor of the Sports Physiotherapy Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Board member of the Health Care Advisory Board of St. James Assiniboine.
- 1971 Graduated with a Diploma of Physiotherapy from the University of Manitoba.
- 1975 Graduated with a Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy from the University of Manitoba
Post-Graduate Work and Courses in:
- Manual Therapy
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Graduated from the University of Manitoba with a Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation (Physiotherapy) in 2005. Previous studies completed in Business and Administration.
- Certification in Acupuncture
- Manual therapy courses with the Orthopaedic division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Advanced Exercise and Lifestyle Management training
- Strength and conditioning, bodybuilding and functional training seminars
- Various courses in orthopeadic and sports injuries
- CPA student representative
- PhysioFit Run
Carrie spends much of her free time in the fitness arena studying and applying her skills and knowledge. She also enjoys being outdoors, spending time with friends and traveling.
- Graduated from the University of Manitoba with a Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation (Physiotherapy).
- Acupuncture certification
- The Robin McKenzie Institute Canada: Part A
- Running workshop
- Strength and conditioning workshops
- Diploma of Advanced Orthopaedic Manual Physiotherapy: Level 1
Outside of work, Derek enjoys staying active by running and cycling as well as playing soccer, golf and tennis.
- Graduated in 2009 with a Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation (Physical Therapy) from the University of Manitoba.
- Manual Therapy courses with the orthopedic division of the Canadian physiotherapy association
- Acupuncture certified (Acupuncture Foundation of Canada)
- Robin McKenzie Institute of Canada: Part A
- Trained in Functional Movement Screen (FMS) and Selective Function Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Various strength and conditioning courses
Jackie enjoys an active lifestyle including continued involvement coaching and playing softball, golfing and curling. She believes continuing education is important to further her skills and knowledge in the profession.
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Science in 2008 from the University of British Columbia and a Masters in Physical Therapy from the University of Manitoba in 2014.
o Sports Taping Course
o Sports First Responder Certification
- Physical Therapy treatment for Cervicogenic Headaches and Shoulder Dysfunction.
- Outside of work – Golf, Basketball, Hockey, Fitness, spending time outdoors and travelling to new places
Crystal graduated from the University of Winnipeg in 2013, with a Bachelor of Arts in Kinesiology. In 2017, Crystal graduated from the University of Manitoba with a Masters in Physical Therapy.
Crystal plans to further her professional development by continuing her education in orthopaedics, sports injuries, and obtaining her acupuncture certification. Crystal believes in a holistic approach to client-centered care, using exercise, manual therapy, myofascial release, and education in the rehabilitation programs individualized for each client.
- Graduated from the University of Winnipeg in 2013, with a Bachelor of Arts in Kinesiology
- Graduated from the University of Manitoba in 2017, with a Masters in Physical Therapy
- Diploma of Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Physiotherapy: Level 1
- Sports First Responder Certification
- Falcons Football Trainer 2016
- Outside of work, Crystal enjoys exercise, fitness challenges, camping, travelling, and spending time with friends and family.