Our ClinicsNorth Main Location
Owner, D’Arcy Bain Physiotherapy
D’Arcy spent his first 7 years as a therapist at the St. Boniface Hospital. He then became one of the founding members of the Pan Am Sports Medicine Clinic for 2 ½ years. He then opened D’Arcy Bain Physiotherapy and has been working in the clinics for the last 25 years.
D’Arcy has had a special interest in sports medicine and has been selected as a therapist to work at the Summer Olympics many times (1976, 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992). He also worked at the Summer World Student Games in 1987 and the 1999 Pan Am Games. In addition D’Arcy was the head therapist for the National Racquette Ball Team for 12 years. D’Arcy has also taken a keen interest in local events and has worked at numerous sporting events in Winnipeg and Manitoba.
Commitment to the profession has been important to D’Arcy and he has been involved in the following:
- Teaching at the University of Manitoba School of Medical Rehabilitation in athletic injuries and private practice issues.
- Member of the Board for the College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba.
- Chairman of the Orthopedic Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Newsletter editor of the Sports Physiotherapy Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Board member of the Health Care Advisory Board of St. James Assiniboine.
- 1971 Graduated with a Diploma of Physiotherapy from the University of Manitoba.
- 1975 Graduated with a Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy from the University of Manitoba
Post-Graduate Work and Courses in:
- Manual Therapy
- Sports Physiotherapy
Jeff Manliguez – Physiotherapist
- Jeff completed his Bachelor of Arts degree in Kinesiology at the University of Winnipeg in 2014. Later he went on to finish his Master of Physical Therapy degree at the University of Manitoba in 2017.
- Prior to entering the physical therapy program, Jeff was a personal trainer. He has extensive exercise knowledge and experience working with the general population as well as athletes. Jeff plans on continuing his education through taking orthopedic courses and working with sports teams. Jeff is also the recipient of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy award in his graduating year. His love and passion for manual therapy and exercise has allows him to utilize these modalities to help his patients regain their function.
- Diploma of Advanced Orthopedic Manual and Manipulative Therapy Level 1
- Sports first responder
- St. Vital Mustangs football 2016
- Member of Sports Physiotherapy Canada
- Exercise, fitness and nutrition, camping, hiking, volleyball, basketball.
Jordyn Bain – Physiotherapist
- Graduated from the University of Winnipeg in 2017 with a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science and Kinesiology.
- Graduated from the University of Alberta in 2020 with a Masters of Science in Physical Therapy.
- Diploma of Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Therapy Level 1
- Soft-Tissue Release Therapy
- Female and Male Urinary Incontinence Level
- Pelvic Health Solutions Female and Male Pelvic Pain Level 2/3
- Coach for U-Turn Parkinson’s
- Outside of the clinic, Jordyn enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling, running, weight-lifting, hiking, and playing golf and ringette.
Janna Shumila, R.M.T., D.O.M.P., D.Sc.O.
Janna is an Advanced Remedial Massage Therapist, graduating from the Massage Therapy College of Manitoba in January 2008. She has training and experience with treatment in the following:
- Myofascial Release and Unwinding
- Advanced Cranio-sacral Therapy
- Nerve Mobilization
- Manual Lymphatic Therapy
- Visceral Manipulation
- Prenatal and Post-natal Care
- Pediatric care
- Pre and Post-event Sports Massage
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- Remedial Exercise
- Trigger Point Release
- Strain Counter Strain Techniques
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
She has also completed five additional years of course work and a thesis to obtain her Diplomas in Osteopathic Manual Practice, and the Science of Osteopathy from the Canadian College of Osteopathy in Toronto in November, 2017.