D’Arcy spent his first 7 years as a therapist at the St. Boniface Hospital. He then became one of the founding members of the Pan Am Sports Medicine Clinic for 2 ½ years. He then opened D’Arcy Bain Physiotherapy and has been working in the clinics for the last 35 years.
D’Arcy has had a special interest in sports medicine and has been selected as a therapist to work at the Summer Olympics many times (1976, 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992). He also worked at the Summer World Student Games in 1987 and the 1999 Pan Am Games. In addition D’Arcy was the head therapist for the National Racquette Ball Team for 12 years. D’Arcy has also taken a keen interest in local events and has worked at numerous sporting events in Winnipeg and Manitoba.
Commitment to the profession has been important to D’Arcy and he has been involved in the following:
- Teaching at the University of Manitoba School of Medical Rehabilitation in athletic injuries and private practice issues.
- Member of the Board for the College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba.
- Chairman of the Orthopedic Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Newsletter editor of the Sports Physiotherapy Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Board member of the Health Care Advisory Board of St. James Assiniboine.
Owner, D’Arcy Bain Physiotherapy
1971 Graduated with a Diploma of Physiotherapy from the University of Manitoba.
1975 Graduated with a Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy from the University of Manitoba
and Courses in: