Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy& Women's Health
PELVIC FLOOR PHYSIOTHERAPY & WOMEN’S HEALTH
Initial Assessment: $120 | Follow-up $90 | Location: Main Street | Physiotherapist: Jordyn Bain
D’Arcy Bain Physiotherapy is pleased to now offer Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy and Women’s Health services. We offer our services in a private, comfortable and professional setting that allows you to make the progress you deserve.
The pelvic floor is a group of muscles that run from the pubic bone to tailbone and the two sit bones. Its function is to maintain bladder and bowel continence, provide support to the pelvic organs, stabilize the spine and pelvis and, contribute to sexual function.
Pelvic floor dysfunction can present in people of all genders and ages and can have a huge effect on all facets of life. These issues can be embarrassing, stressful, and isolating. With the help of a pelvic floor physiotherapist – we can help with bladder and bowel issues, sexual difficulties, prolapse, pelvic pain and lessen the effects of childbirth and menopause on the pelvic floor.
Treatment involves an external and internal assessment as well as treatment of the pelvic floor muscles. An internal exam is not always necessary, but it is encouraged to get a full picture of the issues you may have. It also adds valuable insight to better enhance your treatment plan and reach the best outcomes possible, in the shortest amount of time.
Common pelvic floor conditions that we can treat and manage include:
- Overactive Bladder
- Bladder/Bowel Incontinence (Leakage)
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Persistent Pelvic Pain or Lower Back Pain
- SI Joint, Pubic Symphysis or Tailbone pain
- Pregnancy Related Issues (Diastatsis Rectus Abdominus, Round Ligament/Pubic Pain, C-Section Recovery)
- Pre-natal prep, post-partum recovery
- Painful Bladder Syndrome
- Pudendal Neuralgia
- Chronic Constipation, IBS/Bloating or Slow Motility
- Pelvic Menopausal Issues
- Vaginismus, Vestibulodynia, Vulvodynia
- Endometriosis/Adhesions/Scarring Myofascial Release