January 20th, 2021
UPDATE: Vaccine distribution has begun throughout Manitoba, and there are just under 40,000 administered vaccinations to-date. Visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19 for more updates of COVID-19 from the Government of Manitoba.
We are consistently monitoring the evolving status of the COVID-19 restrictions. Seeing your physiotherapist healthcare practitioner has been allowed by the Government of Manitoba since May of last year, and rules have been upheld to continue to ensure a safe environment for patients. We have seen great success in maintaining a standard of safety, allowing our patients and therapists to remain safe and connected.
Upon entry to one of our clinics:
- A brief questionnaire regarding your health and contacts will be asked. If ‘Yes’ is answered to any of the questions, you may be refused treatment until symptoms are cleared or you have a negative test for COVID-19.
- Physical distancing is maintained throughout the clinic, supported by our clinic staff, and you may be required to wait in the car for your appointment time if the clinic is at capacity.
- Thorough and extensive cleaning of treatment rooms and shared spaces is executed between patients.
- A mask is required in any of our clinics and offer multiple hand sanitization stations throughout the clinics for your use.
If you are feeling unwell or symptomatic, please stay home to monitor your symptoms. We understand the importance of health and safety during this time, and are committed to making sure you feel comfortable in our care.
May 4th, 2020
UPDATE: We are open for patient care as of Monday, May 4th.
With the Provincial government lifting certain Covid-19 restrictions, we are excited to get back to treating our clients.
Your visit to one of our four clinics will be a little different now, as we follow the rules and guidelines laid out by Public Health Officials.
Here are just a few steps that we’re taking to keep you and our staff safe:
– Upon arrival for your appointment, there will be a check-in station where you will be required to answer a brief questionnaire.
– If you answer “Yes” to any of the questions – you may be refused treatment until symptoms have resolved or you have tested negative for Covid-19.
– You will be encouraged to maintain distance between each other, helped by our support staff, escorting you back and forth, through the clinic upon entering.
– There will be a hand sanitization station for patients to use when entering and leaving the clinic.
April 17, 2020
UPDATE: The Government of Manitoba has extended it’s Public Health Act Order to May 1, 2020. We hope that the current pandemic emergency improves to a point that allows us to resume in-clinic visits by the end of the current order.
We continue offering Tele-rehab out of our McPhillip’s Street clinic and beginning next week we will be offering it out of our Portage Avenue clinic.
April 13, 2020
UPDATE: The Government of Manitoba has extended it’s Public Health Act Order to April 28th, 2020. We hope that the current pandemic emergency improves to a point that allows us to resume in-clinic visits by the end of the current order.
We continue offering Tele-rehab out of our McPhillip’s Street clinic. If you are interested please contact our McPhillips clinic at 204-694-2337 or leave a message for your Physiotherapist if you have questions regarding your treatment.
April 5, 2020
UPDATE: In response to the Government of Manitoba’s Public Health Act Order we have moved our tentative re-opening date to April 14th.
We will begin offering Tele-rehab (virtual treatments) out of our McPhillip’s Street clinic beginning Wednesday April 8th. The Tele-rehab treatments are done over a secured internet connection using Insig Health which is certified as fully HIPAA and PHIPA compliant to protect your personal health information. Many insurance companies as well as MPI and WCB have approved coverage of these treatments to ensure you are able to get help while protecting against the spread of the Corona virus. If you are interested please contact our McPhillips clinic at 204-694-2337.
March 19, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be closing all 4 of our D’Arcy Bain Physiotherapy clinics by the end of the day on Friday, March 20th. A tentative re-opening date of April 6th has been set.
As this global crisis developed over the past few months we have continually updated and raised the standards of care with our protocols for providing a clean and safe environment for our staff and clients. With the recommendations of provincial and federal governments along with our professional associations on the need for social distancing the tough decision was made to stop seeing patients in person for a period of two weeks. We will be closely monitoring the situation and revising our plan as the crisis plays out.
While we are closed you will still be able to reach us. We will be checking the clinic’s email daily, and checking our answering machine twice a week. Any messages received will be communicated to the appropriate person. If you need to consult with your therapist, they will be there to help you! We will also be providing updated information on our website winnipegphysio.com
We care about your well being and wish you good health, both physical and mental in these troubling times.
Email the clinic that you would like to contact at:
100-2200 McPhillips Street [email protected]
120-3025 Portage Avenue [email protected]
108-2110 Main Street [email protected]
4-827 Dakota Street [email protected]